A wriggle to know the real me, to explore the things coming out in my way.. a lot has done yet a lot has to be done.. i hardly have any regret from life.. i just love my life the way it is for if the past haven't had happened i wouldn't have know the value of my present n my future.. My blog is a reflection of what i feel when I'm glad to skyrocketing heights and also when I'm low to seabed depths.. my experiences.. my memories and many more things that you may revael youself..!!
xOxOxO..!!

Monday, August 8, 2011

ThE L@t!n G!rL $pE@k$ 0F RIver$......!!

When I wrote about the serpentine river
I was really writing about a rape.
When I wrote about the moon over an oak tree 
I was writing about a preteen pregnancy.
When I wrote about the crystalline sea
I was writing all the horror around me into intricate filigree.
I was writing my heart out.
I was writing myself back in.
When I wrote about heart
I imagined a muscle of infinite distance,
of the brave little choo choo times ten.
I was dreaming of a heart-shaped boat,
an extension of my past, my trapped beginnings.
When I wrote of a river it was one
I could get myself into twice.
It was wide as an Anglo-dammed Nile,
long as the Negro Mississippi.
I wanted to wrench myself a new closure.
I wanted the tourniquet and the cannon.
I wanted the white water to sail me to a place
where the journey never ends—
instead of the endless fluid nights.
I wanted the fissures to heal of their own magma.
I wanted something of the banks to make clay,
to make me a setting at someone's bountiful table.
I wanted real silver on the plaits of that liquid path.
I wanted its icy skin to burn against mine,
to cleave with each lap,
and run, like the fallen log I was.
I wanted the box of my childhood to open.
I wrote longing in some minor key about a crystalline
river, about the telling moon, about a single leaf
 that could carry me home, about the knowing sea,
 about me.


~ Lorna Dee Cervantes


PS i love this piece of writing and this one's definitley worth sharing....so go ahead n share if you like poetry thats so admirable....!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment